Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Lovin' - Camping, outdoor furniture and a sunburn.

Happy summer friends!  It is definitely feeling like summer in Vancouver, and it is awesome! Some people have a misconception about Vancouver that it rains here all the time and we all must be waterproof (which we are, by the way) but our summers are amazing, hot and they make me truly believe I live in the most beautiful place on earth!

It was Canada day yesterday (hence my oozing love for the place I live!) and man did it ever feel like summer. We went camping for the 'long weekend' (as many people have reminded me it wasn't a real long weekend, but my days off are Sunday and Monday so it was for me!) and we had a great time. I have camped at Cultus Lake my whole life, and it's probably my favourite place to go in the summer. I don't get to go as often as I did when I was a kid, but being there instantly relaxes  me and makes me feel all happy inside.


They have a cool new adventure land up there across from the waterslides full of awesome rides and treats... It's definitely worth going to see if you are up for the day or a weekend! We had a blast!




We were there for 3 days of my 5 day vacation, as I extended my long weekend to a 5 day holiday because I haven't had 5 days off in a row in 2 years!  I guess that's what happens when you're working to build your career, sometimes you forgot to take a bit of time for yourself. I'm enjoying a nice relaxing day today doing some errands, making a yummy and healthy dinner and taking care of my brutal sunburn I got on Monday! I always burn on my first trip into the sun in the summer since I am ridiculously fair skinned... this one hurts pretty bad. I'll definitely have to go get some aftersun today so hopefully I don't peel!



Yeah. It's bad. 

Lastly, since it's summer, I thought id share the patio furniture we got! It's definitely patio season (although we haven't really been able to use it since we got it). I'm excited for dinner and drinks on the patio in the evening, soaking up some sun on the weekends and eating lots of delicious BBQed foods! :) 


This is the patio set we got... The evening sun hits it and it's such an nice place to sit and eat! The chairs are comfy, the table is big and since it's from walmart it didn't break the bank! 


And here are lounge chairs my mom gave us so we have a few extra seats outside. I have a feeling a lot of books will be started and finished here! In the morning and early afternoon there is lots of sun on this side of our patio, and we get lots of sun on the yard too, so I'm sure they will see the grass now and again too.0


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and are enjoying the excellent weather! Cheers to summer! 


Blog, and be happy! 

Kyleigh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment