Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Wine Wedding Weekend (or, why I love my job)

My job is one of the most amazing jobs in the world. There are so many reasons why, but one of my favourite things is all of the places it takes me with so many wonderful people. I am blessed with a job that allows me to touch so many lives, and share so many special days, and this weekend was no exception! 

I was given the true honor of doing the hair of one of the most amazing and beautiful people I know this weekend, Lee. She married a wonderful guy, and being a part of her special day in even as small a way as doing her hair was awesome! 

I am often honored with sharing special days like graduations and weddings with people doing hair, but it's always just that much more special when you can do it for a person who is a great friend too! 


I know that the photographers of the group got some awesome photos of her hair, and I can't wait to get my hands on them, since this is actually the only decent picture I got of it all day! 

Spending the second weekend in a row in the Okanagan was also amazing. As it turns out, Alex and I are wine addicts and we now have a collection of wine that we could drown in. After 2 wineries in Summerland last weekend, and 4 wineries in Kelowna this weekend we are STOCKED UP. I have banned us from buying wine until we've used most of it up... I think it will take a while. 


No duplicate bottles are shown (and there are a few) not to mention we have 3 or 4 other bottles that need drinking not from our shopping spree... Luckily we are going camping this weekend and I plan to drink a bottle or two! ;) 

Three weekends away in a row is a lot, and I'm actually almost looking forward to a weekend at home to relax... Almost! If you can't go out and enjoy the sunshine when we have it in Vancouver, you are definitely wasting the summer away... We definitely aren't doing that this summer! 

I hope you all are vacationing or staycationing and enjoying every minute just as much as I am! 

Blog, and be happy! 

Kyleigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment