Monday, July 14, 2014

A Crazy Summer!

Summer is so crazy. I feel like summer should be relaxing with wine and books and being at the beach, and for me it's just been busy busy busy... especially at work, which is excellent because other than Christmas time you definitely need the most money in the summer! Haha! It's all good, but I am so looking forward to the next few weekends... So many exciting things coming up! 

I have been devouring books lately though sitting out on my patio in the sun... This weekend was almost too hot to lay outside but I managed a few chapters here and there. If you're looking for a good, easy read I've been plowing through the Divergent trilogy which I was unsure about before I started it, but I actually like it a lot. If you liked The Hunger Games, it's definitely worth reading! 


Last weekend my mom and I went berry picking out at our favourite place in Langley, Krause Berry Farms. We go every year and pick at least a years worth of berries... which is definitely too many. If you love berries this is literally the only way it's worth having them. We got over 15lbs of berries for less than 20$! Try getting that at the grocery store... Plus you can't beat how beautiful it is being in a berry field!



Last night my mom and I went to the Symphony in the Park put on by the Vancouver Symphony Orchesta in Burnaby, which was excellent as usual! I think my mom and I have gone every year for the last 5-6 years, and it is always a great show. It almost always falls on the weekend of her birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!), so we try to rememeber to go. Unfortunately, it was so hot this time that it was very uncomfortable waiting for it to start, but we suffered through the heat and had a great time! 



Lastly I've been working really hard at getting more active, so I got a Fitbit! It connects with various apps and counts steps, floors climbed, calories burned, active minutes, miles walked... It's actually super cool. I wasn't sure it would motivate me, but I find myself checking it throughout the day and realizing I need to get up and get moving around. I've yet to reach the goal of 10,000 steps in one day, but I'm definitely working on it! 



I hope you're all having a fun, active, but relaxing summer! I can't wait to be able to blog about the awesome things coming up! :) 

Blog, and be happy!

Kyleigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment